Call to Artists for Small Art Works Exhibition!
Seeking Submissions for Ninth Annual Small Works
Exhibit/Auction & Fourth Annual Children’s Small Works
(Minot, ND) The Taube Museum of Art Main Gallery is seeking entries for their ninth annual Small Works Exhibit & Auction, and fourth annual Children’s Small Works Exhibition. The small works exhibition is scheduled to open July 26th and run through September 6th, 2016.
Small Works guidelines:
- Open to all artists eighteen and older with no entry fee. Member artists may submit an unlimited number of entries, while nonmembers are limited to three.
- Two dimensional works maximum size of 80 square inches including the frame.
- Three-dimensional works may not exceed 8” x 8’ x 8”
- Each framed entry must be ready to hang with wire hangers or saw tooth hangers.
- All work must be available for purchase. Not For Sale work will not be accepted.
- Acceptable Media: collage, digital techniques, drawings, fiber arts, glass works, jewelry, metal, mixed media, paintings, pastels, photography, pottery, prints, sculptures, wood and everything in between!
Children’s Small Works guidelines: Same size qualifications and media as above.
- Open to all children toddler to age seventeen with no entry fee. Limited to three works.
- Pieces may be framed or presented on covered mat or foam board with the appropriate hangers
- Works may or may not be for sale.
Shipping and Pickup:
- All mailed and/or hand delivered items must be received by Tuesday, July 19th, 2016 from 10:30 am to 5:30 pm. Mailed items sent to Taube Museum of Art, 2 N. Main St., Minot, ND 58703.
- A complete prospectus can be downloaded here.
As in the past, you may bid on pieces directly at the museum or online bidding at the museum website. Art buyers also have the option to purchase a piece at the Buy It Now price and take the piece home right away rather than having to wait until the close of the exhibition.
A portion of the auction proceeds will support the Taube Museum of Art, a non-profit organization, with the rest to the artist. Normal Museum and Gift Shop hours are: Tuesday – Friday: 10:30 am – 5:30 pm and Saturday: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm. There is no charge for admission, but contributions are accepted to help the Taube Museum fulfill their mission of enriching lives through the visual arts.Please contact Doug Pfliger, Gallery Manager, Taube Museum of Art at 838-4445 for further information.
The exhibition is made possible with support from the North Dakota Council on the Arts.
Normal Museum and Gift Shop hours are: Tuesday – Friday: 10:30 am – 5:30 pm and Saturday: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm. There is no charge for admission, but contributions are accepted to help the Taube Museum fulfill their mission of enriching lives through the visual arts.